Monday, December 21, 2009

Jack is 3!

I can't believe that Jack is 3 years old. Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday that we were waiting for him to arrive and hoping he would be here before Christmas. He is definitely a First Day of Winter kid. Every year since he has been born there has been a snow or icestorm. We had to postpone his party again this year. Luckily, the grandparents were coming up for Kayleigh's performance so we just did cake after that. We'll give him a first day of summer party with a winter theme.
Jack at the moment is big on Superheroes, especially Batman. All he wants for Christmas is the Batcave, the Joker and Mr. Freeze. Kayleigh kindly took care of getting Mr. Freeze and The Joker. Who knows what Santa will find for him. I thought I was going to make a Pirate Cake because for awhile he was liking pirates but then he saw the Batcave. So I have spent the past few weeks learning how to draw the Bat Logo.
The Bat Cake: This is also what he would give Baby Jesus for a present. That was his response to the question at school.

Getting ready to blow out all those candles!

Jack got to bring Kayleigh, me and Jim into school for his birthday cupcakes. This is a great picture. However, shortly after it was taken, he had a meltdown because he realized all the attention was going to be on him.

I love my cake Mommy. Thank you!
He later informed me that he didn't like the frosting. It must have been all the black food dye I had to use.

The Birthday Crown fit for a Superhero!






No comments:

Post a Comment